Purpose: To provide support and maintain technical operation of the vessels nominated
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Substitute: Appointed superintendent by Technical Manager
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
- Implementation of the Company’s Quality, Environment and Safety Management
Systems within defined areas of responsibility.
- Monitor and advice on updating of the Planned Maintenance System for vessel nominated
- To follow up addressed observations reported in Docmap
- To have updated files for: certificate, class report/flag/radio, yard stay report and visit report
- Reporting regularly to Technical Manager, highlighting problems, progress, defects and repairs
- Ensure that findings from class, flag , PSC, 3rd part inspection are reported in Docmap
- To keep the assigned ships technical operational
- Daily technical support for nominated vessels
- Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner, and in full compliance with Class and Statutory requirements
- Liaising with vessel Masters and Chief Engineers, and providing technical advice and assistance where necessary
- Ensuring that the vessels continue to meet standards and criteria required by clients
- Regular inspections of vessels
- Preparing accurate and complete vessel dry dock specifications and supervising dry dockings and repairs. Liaising with repair yard management, sub‐contractors, Class and
- Flag State to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and time schedules. Producing work reports and costs during dry docking and repair
- Assessment of chief engineers’ performance
- Day‐to‐day purchase for the vessels, (in co‐operation with the Purchasing Manager), based on the Vessel’s Purchase Requisitions, and the Company’s Purchase System.
Invoice control for purchases made by the Superintendent
- Undertaking any other duties of a reasonable nature as directed by the Managing
- Director or any other Manager in AOM
- Keep MD and operation department generally informed of ongoing technical matters
- Assist the project department with technical advices
- Cooperate with the purchase department when purchasing equipment to assigned ships
- Assisting with the technical aspects of any incident investigation.
- Responsibility to ensure safe operation and authority to stop operation if considered unsafe or in violation with rules and regulations
- To carry out approved ship repair of nominated vessel
- Perform duties as described above.